Time flies fast, huh? Who would have thought this year would pass so damn fast? I had a lot of projects going on, which kept me busy 24/7, but I am happy. I felt alive — like time can’t put a limit to my potential.
All in all, it’s been a good year for me. I hope it had been for you, too. Regardless of what 2016 has brought you, cheer up! A new year is ahead, with its promises and struggles, successes and failure. You’ll grow, you’ll discover (or perhaps reinvent) yourself.
I would like you to take some time and jot some goals you have set for 2017. Don’t stress yourself over them, but only know your priorities. In case you’re very spontaneous and don’t like planning, just think about one think that you’d really like to achieve this year. I refuse to believe that you don’t have dreams. (I’d love to read them in the comment section below, so please, pay it a visit.)
As for myself, I thought that the best way to motivate myself this year would be to share my goals with you. Some might sound fancy, some might not, but these are my hopes for the year to come:
- I want to write another novel and to dedicate more time to my passion.
- I want to take up 3 courses (at least) to improve my skills.
- I want to spend more time meditating and being present.
- I want to take my foreign languages exam.
- I want to show more kindness to strangers.
- I want to try something new and to do something crazy.
- I want to visit a place where I’ve never been before.
As you can see, most of these things are achievable. I suggest you pick your goals wisely, not lifting the bar high where you cannot reach it. In spite of everything that happens, keep smiling.
Life is a mess and living is chaos.
We are humans; it’s okay to be that way. Root yourself in the solid ground but let your spirit find its flow. You can totally do this!